3100 Hi-Temp RTV Silicone is a single component, room temperature vulcanizing ing compound designed to provide reliable “formed-in-place” s for mechanical assemblies. This material cures on exposure to moisture in the air to form a tough, flexible, silicone rubber . The product resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking. Designed to maintain maximum performance in a continuous temperature environment of 600F
Sealing panels Window plates Oven doors Flues on high temperature applications.
High temperature use Superior adhesion and flexibility Replaces most cut s Can be used as a maker or dressing Easy application Non-flammable Non-toxic.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For assembly as a form-in-place
- Remove all previous material from mating surfaces. 3100 Remover is recommended for most materials, not for plastics or painted surfaces.
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as 3100 Brake and Parts Cleaner.
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size, 1/16“ to 1/4“ in diameter. An 1/8” bead is usually sufficient for most applications.
- Remove cap, puncture tube or cartridge seal and attach extension nozzle.
- Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one surface, first tracing the internal areas of the configuration, then all surrounding bolt holes as shown:
- Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet.
- Finger tighten flange only until material begins to seep out the sides of the flange.
- Allow to set for at least two hours and re-torque at lease one quarter to one half turn.
- For best results, allow to cure overnight.
For assembly as a dressing
- Repeat steps 1 thru 4 as in previous section.
- Apply a thin film of silicone to one surface to be sealed.
- Place the pre-cut onto silicone film.
- Apply a second thin to pre-cut surface.
- Remove any excess and assemble parts immediately.
Instructions for 3100
- Create a “Silicone Plug” by allowing excess material to extend beyond the extension nozzle or aerosol tip to cure, sealing and protecting the remaining product from moisture. For reuse, simply remove the cured product from the tip.
- For 3100 dispensers, you may store remaining product using either the above “silicone plug” method or using the included plastic cap. For Cleanup
- Remove uncured product from parts and hand-tools with 3 1 0 0 ® ODC Free Cleaner/Degreaser. If skinned over, break film with a dry cloth to remove as much as possible. Remove the remaining material with 3100® Remover.
- Clean hands with a dry cloth or 3100 Fast Orange hand cleaner.